A Word About Durkin’s
Durkin’s began in a barn on Mallory Street, Danbury, CT. in 1904. It was founded by Patrick Durkin, an Irish immigrant, and his son Denis, who was born in America in 1886. At first, the company was making supplies for Danbury’s world recognized hatting industry, but quickly started producing shading products when they realized the need in the area. Denis sold the company to his son, William Durkin, and his daughter Rita’s husband, Bernard Ginty, in 1955. The Ginty family fully acquired the company in 1976, the year William Durkin retired. It has had its headquarters at several different places around town, but has been located on Beaver Brook Road since 1999. Situated in a 16,000 sq. ft. design and fabrication facility with state of the art equipment allows Durkin’s to command total control over the product, giving customers a superior end product, delivered on time and at competitive prices. The Danbury-based company is now in its fifth generation and recognized to be one of the premier industry leaders in the Northeast. With over a 99% customer satisfaction rate, we must be doing something right.